Thursday 15 July 2010

That sounds greek to me..

I am island hopping in Greece the whole of July, and since the obligatory island outfit is bikini-nothing more(but perhaps less) I will not bother you too much with fashion know-how and must haves this month. It is indeed July,and the place to be is out in the sun. So while I am enjoying the Cyclades and probably are doubling my weight with Feta and Greek salad,put on the lightest outfit you have and hit the nearest beach or park...

However, if you do head south towards sandy beaches and 40 degrees celsius you need to keep one thing in mind: The pieces that looks great when it's hot and your brain is sizzling does not necessarily look as good when your body cool off. A day on the beach and a cooling Mojito can do horrendous damage to your fashion sense. I would know. I have returned home from various vacations with items so strange and odd looking that I still blushes in disgrace when I let my mind think about them.

So the morale is: save your shopping for the cooler days. The things found when your head has cooled off and your skin is no longer sunburnt will give you so much more happiness later..

Do you have any stories about vacation buys and fashions no-no's committed while the sun lead you astray? I would love to hear about the worst buys ever, and the stories behind them/something you have experienced in that outfit. Give me a fashionable vacation story, and I will reward the best story with a little goodie bag of fashionable items.

Send your story to stylebyelisabet@googlemail.com by 10.08, and I will read through them as soon as my head cool off after a month of sun and airconditioning.

And as for my shoppingspree in London in the beginning of July-I will fill you in on that trip and my views on the sale season when August arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment