Thursday 9 September 2010

A lesson learned, a lesson shared..

Just like every woman should have a black leather jacket in their wardrobe, every woman need a trench coat. I had been looking for the perfect trench since I was 15 (not that easy finding a classy grown-up trench in size xxs) when I during the spring of 2009 encountered a rather splendid one (size xs-s) from Benetton. I could not believe my luck and bought it asap. However, I did a stupid, oh so stupid, thing last fall, when I washed it in my brand new laundry machine (naughty naughty). Indeed the trench ended up being the size I longed for and was looking for at 15, but at 24 the same size did not actually fit that well anymore. I looked like a stuffed doll. So yet again, I was trench-less. I was on the hunt and pretty miserable until I found this gorgeous one from Gant. I am meeting the autumn with a smile, and I will do my best not to shrink any more favourite garments in the future. A lesson learned, a lesson shared.


Have you ever treated your clothes badly, or destroyed a favourite item?

No comments:

Post a Comment