Tuesday 6 April 2010

The little blue dress..

Dress, sequin cardigan & bag -Topshop, tights -H&M, ancle boots -Dune.

Earrings - Snø, nailpolish - Rimmel Pro, col: 325 Hot Gossip.

The winter 2009/10 was indeed the season for the little blue dress. Presumably every new season the magazines will tell us that a colour, would it be brown, pink or grey, is the new black. And this winter it was blue (and yes, we have heard it before as well). I loved my little blue layered dress from Topshop, and I actually think I will keep on wearing it this summer. However, I will make it more sun and heat friendly and match it with softer colours, pastels and tanned leather bags.
It is also worth mentioning that the same dress is now available in pastels and beige, and again the magazines do not fail to tell us that this summer - beige is the new black.
But for us with fair skin and no great tan to speak of, beige sometimes can be a bit....beige. So I will keep on wearing my lovely blue dress, and at the longest stretch for a white, cream colour if I really want to look like I am wearing a bit beige. For those who are following the "beige is the new black" trend slavishly, spice it up with a colourful scarf (may I suggest cerise or coral)and some golden earrings, that will make the look less pale.


3 comments: