Thursday 12 August 2010

Hello, Upper Eastsiders..

"Hello Upper Eastsiders, Gossip Girl here, your one and only source to the scandalous lives of Manhattans elite...". Yes, you have guessed it, it is all about Gossip Girl.

For once, I am probably lightyears behind everyone else, but I just have to say it - this show is an inspirational boost and a fashion show in one. I am not necessarily talking about the actual story, but more about the things worn by these lovely young people playing in it. I think GG must be the best fashion boost on television since SATC, and even I (who despite SATC 2 still is a fan) can see that Gossip Girl kicks SATC's cute little behind when it comes to getting the fashion out to the masses. As such, I am no longer capable of walking in a high street store without thinking: "hey, I saw something just like that worn by Serena".

The gorgeous fashion aside, these girls would probably look good in shreds. Blake Lively's hair alone can make a person feel somewhat worthless and grey. However, instead of shreds they are wearing the newest items from the catwalk, wisely and so effortlessly talented put together by the stylist Eric Daman. The hottest stylist on television since Patricia Field (which I might add lost some of her glory after SATC 2).
I am looking forward to a new season of Gossip Girl, and the show is hereby declared my new leading trend guru. Blake Lively (Serena) and Leighton Meester (Blair) has of course ascended into super fashionistas and it girls also in real life, and it is ok by me..We all need someone to inspire us (Hollywood or not). Just sit back and enjoy some of the pictures I found of the lovely ladies. Anyone feeling a sudden urge to go shopping?

Simple everyday look.

Grrr.. Check out the new D&G collection.


Party in style.

This dress alone is a reason to become a movie star.


Posing in Victoria Beckham's design.

Pulling of the new autumn look in Camel.


No comments:

Post a Comment