Tuesday 17 August 2010

Ponytails, not only for little girls..

The ponytail is back,just in case you - unlike me, has been aware of it ever being gone. The ponytail has been a "bad hair day" life saver for me as long as I can remember. But surely restricted to those bad hair days, or the days I had to hurry a bit during my morning routine. During the spring and summer, braids was the hair must of the moment. However, I never managed to get the braids to work with my thin, nordic hair, no matter how hard I tried and how gorgeusly effortless seemingly everybody else pulled it off. So it is a great comfort for me seeing ponytails take over the throne as the hair-do of the moment. Loose and romantic or strict and proper - you choose.

Classic and inspired by Mad Men at Louis Vuitton.

70's girl.

Loose and romantic at Nicole Farhi.

Strict and proper at respectively Jil Sander and Stella McCartney.

Celebrities have endorsed the ponytail, even on the red carpet. So it might not be such an unthinkable idea to actually sport the ponytail even on the bigger occasions this autumn..

Jessica Biel with a loose and romantic version.

Jennifer Aniston, classic elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment