Monday 30 August 2010

Phase Eight

Few things (except for the actual night) makes me feel more like a child on Christmas Eve than those occasions when I discover either a new brand I like, a new store I like, or when I suddenly discover that a store near me are selling one of my favourite brands. And last Friday, I experienced them all in one, just like a Kinder egg, three suprises in one package. I have previously complained about the scarcity of decent shops in Portsomuth, my residence for the time being. Of course, we have Gunwharf Quays, which is an outlet center, where you can find stores like Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Guess, Ted Baker, Karen Millen and Levi's. However, an outlet center means that the things you can find is mostly last years lines, or items they are not able to get rid off in the more fashionable flagship stores in London. It sometimes make me feel like I am having a fashion deja vu. And of course, we have the usual high street stores like Topshop, New Look, Oasis and H&M. But you know the feeling, have you seen one of them, it sometimes make you feel like you have seen them all..
What I have been missing is something a little bit more exclusive, if only just to get me inspired or cheer me up on the windy, rainy days which there are far too many of here in the UK.
Knight & Lee is located in the shopping area of Southsea, and only a couple of minutes walk from my apartment. Previously I have been a bit reluctant to check it out, since I have thought the whole store oozed of "grown-uppy" or "old-lady-like". But on this earlier mentioned Friday, I could suddenly see that the mannequins in the window were wearing Ted Baker, a/w 2010, and I ran up the stairs to the clothing area as fast as my little legs could take me. And what a nice surprise.A big area of Ted Baker, and I even discovered this gorgeous new brand - Phase Eight - who does various items in the most lovely fabrics and the softest colours. I am happy, allthough my wallet are not..

Rose details are back this autumn, and I fell for this little rosey piece.

Silk and jersey scard.

100 % silk blouse in a lovely rose colour.

Nothing beats a big bow.

Flared knitted skirt, it reminded me a little bit of the one from Tiger of Sweden which I currently lust for.

Knitted everyday dress.

Camel dress with flower details.

Camel tunic jumper. This is an absolute must-have.

Did you see anything you liked?

No comments:

Post a Comment