Monday 25 October 2010

Celine Engelstad

"Origin" from Celine Engelstad.

Oh, don't you worry. I know these necklaces have been seen on everything from Paris Hilton (did you know she have Norwegian ancestors?) to Norwegian football players (they like to splurge like Beckham). And yes, I know that over exposure is one of the most desvastating things for a brand that are trying to appear as niche and exclusive.
However, I truly love the Origin necklace from Celine Engelstad, and my biggest frustration is that I cannot decide whether I want it in silver or gold. But I do think the gold one would work wonderfully with this years camel and tobacco. A tad nationalistic wearing a map of Norway around my neck? Well, perhaps. We Norwegians are after all awfully proud of our country (you know...we have fish and stuff). And you have to admit, it works very well as a necklace, slender and elegant as the country is.
It may just be that I am a bit homesick, but either way, I think miss Engelstad is on to something.
Want to see more? Check out: http://www.celineengelstad.no/en

No comments:

Post a Comment