Tuesday 19 October 2010

My autumn 2010 buys.


I have invested in the Coco Rouge lipstick, colour "Mademoiselle", with a matching lipliner. As worn on the picture above.

As the seasons changes, so does the trends, and subsequently our needs and wants. The fall is often the season that are cruelest on  the wallets, as the choice of desireable woollen garments and gorgeous leather boots are seemingly unlimited. In addition,when your wardrobe changes with the seasons, why should'nt your make-up as well? Research has shown that your skin has different needs throughout the year, and noone could argue on the fact that shades that may look good on sunkissed skin not necessarily go just as well with a winter pale complexion.
So what does people buy when the memory of the summer sun fades away, and months of rain and wind commence? Well, I cannot speak for all of you, but here is my a/w 2010 buys. I have invested in Chanel make-up in sober shades, high quality garments from Malene Birger, Tiger of Sweden and Bruuns Bazaar, and of course some minor treats here and there. Consider this as a sneek peek into how I interprete the a/w 2010 style in a more affordable way. Who said a blouse from Malene Birger could not be just as good as one from Chloé?

The Ombres Contraste duo from Chanel...

...which I bought in the shade of taupe délicat.

Chanel nailpolish in Khaki Brun.




The Lagassi blouse from By Malene Birger caught mye eye at Høyer in Oslo. Notice the semi padded, yet subtle, shoulder details.

I have been a fan of the By Malene Birger tank tops for some years, and have it in several colours. The one in nude went perfectly with the Lagassi blouse.

Recognise the Yla jumper from Tiger of Sweden from list of wants? Well, it did end up in my closet after all.

 
The Phoebe trouser from Tiger of Sweden in blue/grey is my tapered grown up trouser. It is supposed to be ankle length, but since I am quite petite, they are (regretably) full length on me. 

In addition I have aquired a deep, deep purple/black nail polish,"Night Flight", from Rimmel Pro, and a minty, light blue nailpolish from Mint (look at the nails of the ladies in the recent DKNY commercial and you know which colour it is). So if nothing else, my nails are going to look splendid this fall.

What are your a/w 2010 buys?

1 comment:

  1. Elsker Malene Birger. Capen blir nok min favoritt i høst.

    ReplyDelete