Tuesday 8 June 2010

Flower power..

Dress-Monsoon, cardigan-Topshop, purse-Faith, belt, bracelet & earrings-H&M, shoes-Dune.


The summer has finally shown its pretty and smiling face, at least here on the southern coast of England, and my flower patterned dress from Monsoon has at last seen how the world looks like outside my closet. I am voting in favour of colour this summer, and have you been able to walk inside a shop during the exams or just a busy spring, you will have seen that there is absolutely no escape from the flower pattern. It is no longer reserved for women in the category 60 +, so we can just as well get used to it. And I actually kind of like the flair and fun it brings into the everchanging world of fashion. But a little tip: not every flower pattern is meant for everyone, choose one that fits your body shape and enhances your best features. Do you have a little to much around the waist? Do not go for big flowers in that area, choose a more petite pattern. Do you think your breasts are a bit small? Have some bigger flowers around there, it creates a flattering illusion.

There is just on thing that is better than being right, and that is being first (or before Elle in this matter). Without telling you, I have been enjoying both the June and July issue lately, and in the July issue they have piece about the hottest new labels around this summer. Alongside their report on Zadig & Voltaire (oh, so hot!) and Alexander Wang T (A.W giving laidback a new meaning), to mention some, I found my beloved Sandro. Extremely happy to see the French, Parisian chic brand getting the notion it deserves, just remember, you saw it here first!

I have finally seen SATC 2, I am promising you to give a review on my views on the fashion very soon. But for now: Dior has really taken product placement in movies into a new level. I never thought I would say that there is such a thing as too much Dior, but you know what? It actually is.

I am very happy to tell you that I am visiting my beloved boutique for a little "guest appearance" in week 25. I am very excited about being able to spend an entire week working with and surrounded by my favourite objects and people; beutiful clothes and those who appreciate them. So come by His & Hers boutique (Gjøvik, Norway) 21-26th of June, I am sure you still need a couple of items to complete your Summer wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment