Saturday 27 March 2010

Checking out Birmingham...

Birmingham is UK's second largest city, but the only positive thing people told me about the city itself before I went there on a day trip, was that it was a great place to shop. So I spent a whole day at the Bullring shopping center. I tried on the whole Garden Collection at H&M, was a bit disappointed about how limited the Zara and the Mango stores were, but the spacious Topshop was a positive surprise. However, I also spent some time getting in tune with the Birmingham fashion scene. I can not say that Birmingham had a great fashion day on this rainy Friday, but these three girls was a breath of fresh air:

Chloe: Leather jacket - River Island, cardigan & ear rings - Topshop, tights & shoes - Primark, bag - Trench Call.

The leather jacket is still hot this season, and in my opinion this girl has styled it like a true fashionista. I loved the cardigan, and the cute shoes (which is so right at the moment), and you can not really see it, but her ear rings were amazing. I am going to Primark (for the first time!) to buy her tights.

Tiffany: Leather jacket & dress - New Look, bag - Vintage Shop Cow, scarf-Primark.

Tiffany was the first person I took a picture of ,and I have to admit that I messed up some of the brand names and items (so send me a mail with a list to correct it :). However, I loved the way she mixed up cute and rough items, the faboulous leather jacket and the rough shoes complemented the pastel dress perfectly. A big scarf is always a favourite.

Tara: Denim jacket - Oasis, dress - Reiss, tights & shoes - Primark, bag - H&M.

Every fashion loving girl will feel the need to buy a denim jacket this spring. Tara's jacket nailed the look, and you have to love the Reiss dress. Flower patterns is a trend that is very hard to ignore at the moment, and this dress was perfect with denim and the tanned leather bag.

So overall, Birmingham is ok for shopping, has some stylish moments, but shopping for 7 hours is a bit overkill, even for me. And I will thank the girls that kindly agreed to let me take a picture of them, unfortunately I could not post all of you this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment